Why Choose a Data Driven Marketing Agency?
I am a big believer in the power of using a data driven marketing agency.
Using data to inform your marketing decisions, means you will reach the right people with the right message, at the right time.
In fact, a recent article by Marketing Revolution reported that using data driven insights to fuel personalization campaigns results in a 5-8x increase in ROI for marketing spend.
This article will explore the benefits of data driven marketing agency and how to choose the right agency for you.
In addition, I will give you some actionable tips you can use today to make data-informed decisions. So buckle up, and let’s dive into the data revolution!
What Is a Data driven Marketing Agency?
A data driven marketing agency does what it says on the packet. They use data to inform and guide marketing decisions.
This includes using data to identify target audiences, track the effectiveness of campaigns, and optimize strategies for maximum return on investment.
A data driven marketing agency will also clearly understand how to analyze and interpret data. They will use data visualization tools to show you the results in an easy-to-understand format quickly.
Overall, data-driven marketing enables businesses to make informed decisions that can lead to greater success and better results.
What are the Benefits of Data Driven Marketing?
The benefits of data driven marketing decisions all relate to increasing your profits.
Our knowledge of our products and services often blinds us to making the right decision.
Data driven marketing takes away the guesswork.
One of the most significant benefits of data-driven marketing is that, without a doubt, it helps you to be more efficient with your marketing budget.
By knowing who your target audience is and what they are looking for, you can make sure you spend your money on the marketing channels that will give you the best results.
Here are some of the specific ways data driven marketing can help you improve your bottom line:
- Better decision-making: By analyzing data, marketers can gain insights into customer behavior and preferences, which can inform decisions about product development, pricing, and marketing strategies.
- Increased efficiency: Data-driven marketing can automate certain tasks, such as targeting ads to specific demographics, which can save time and resources.
- Improved Personalization: By using data to understand individual customer behavior and preferences, data-driven marketing can create personalized marketing experiences more likely to resonate with customers. This increases brand loyalty.
- Ability to pivot quickly: With data, you can test your marketing campaigns and see which tactics are working and which aren’t, allowing you to make adjustments and improvements rapidly.
How To Choose a Good Data Driven Marketing Agency
First, search out the specific service you are looking for – not every agency specializes in the same data driven techniques.
For example at Resolver Digital we specialize in SEO and Content Development and use Ahrefs, Google Search Console and Screaming Frog to make data driven decisions.
Give the agencies you like a call and ask many questions. A good data driven agency will be able to explain precisely what they can do for you in ways you can easily understand.
Good communication is paramount, so check out how willing the different agencies are to engage with you.
Following are some other things to check:
- Look for case studies on their website or ask for references. Check to see if they talk about the tools they use on their website or their social media.
- Check their data capabilities: Ensure the agency can collect, analyze, and interpret data. They should also have the capacity to turn data into actionable insights. Ask what tools they use to gather and analyze data.
- Review their process: Ask the agency to describe their process for data-driven marketing campaigns. They should be able to explain how they collect and analyze data, develop and implement strategies, and measure and optimize results.
- Evaluate their communication: Look for an agency that can communicate effectively and is willing to work closely with your team. They should be able to explain complex concepts in lay terms and provide regular updates on their progress.
- Consider the cost: Compare the costs of different agencies to ensure you get the best value for your money. Write down their services and the costs so you can compare like with like.
Tools a Data Driven Marketing Agency Uses
Before Hiring an Agency, it is essential to understand the different tools and technologies used to make data driven decisions.
- Data analytics tools: These tools can help you collect, cleanse, analyze and visualize data to inform your marketing decisions. Some popular data analytics tools include Google Analytics, Tableau, and Clicky.
- Marketing automation tools: These tools automate and streamline repetitive tasks such as email marketing, social media management, and targeted advertising. They can also help with lead generation and scoring, allowing businesses to prioritize and nurture the most promising leads. Popular marketing automation tools include Marketo, Pardot, AutoPilot, and Prospect.
- A/B testing tools: A/B testing can help you see with real input from your website’s visitors what actually performs best. Some popular A/B testing tools include Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer, and Google Optimize.
- Customer relationship management (CRM): This software helps businesses manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle. This can include purchase history, communication preferences, and demographics. Some popular CRM systems are HubSpot, FreshSales, Zoho, and Salesforce.
- Analytics and business intelligence software: These important tools allow your business to track and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) such as website traffic, conversion rates, and ROI. This data can be used to make informed decisions about marketing strategy and budget allocation. Well-respected business intelligence software includes Oracle Analytics Cloud and MicroStrategy. TIBCO Spotfire and Qlik Sense.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning tools : These tools can help you predict customer behavior and optimize marketing efforts. For example, using AI to segment and target customer demographics or using machine learning to optimize ad spending.
The tools you can use for AI and machine learning are almost endless and ever-changing. Here is a list of a few of them:
- Chat GPT
- Insta Text
- Surfer Seo
- Seventh Sense
- Brand 24
These are just a few examples of the many technologies available to support data-driven marketing.
By leveraging these tools and utilizing data effectively, businesses can gain a deeper understanding of their customers and create more targeted and successful marketing campaigns.
It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the tools your marketing agency will be using so that you can knowledgeably discuss expectations and campaigns.
Techniques Data Driven Marketing Agencies Use
- A/B testing of different marketing messages and advertising creative
- Segmentation of customer data to target specific demographics or behaviors
- Personalization of marketing messages and offers to improve brand loyalty and increase sales
- Use of retargeting and remarketing techniques to reach past website visitors
- Utilization of social media and influencer marketing data to achieve your optimal customers
- Optimization of landing pages and website user experience
- Use of marketing automation software to streamline and target communication
- Use of analytics and data to track and measure campaign performance and inform future strategy
- Utilizing customer feedback and surveys to improve products and services
- Implementing referral and loyalty programs
- Use of predictive modeling and machine learning to optimize spending and reach
- Collaborating with other businesses or platforms to expand the reach and gather data
- Utilizing video and other interactive content to engage with customers
- Using a chatbot to engage with customers.
Examples of Techniques Used in Data Driven Marketing
- Personalize your messaging: Use data to personalize messages and calls to action to make your campaigns more relevant to the individual. This improves priceless brand loyalty.
- Retargeting: This powerful tool allows you to show ads to people who have already shown interest in your products or services. Once people are familiar with your brand, they are more likely to buy.
- A/B testing: A/B testing takes the guesswork out of your campaigns by testing different versions of your ads, headlines, images, and more to see what works best.
- AI and machine learning include chatbots and voice search. They also allow teams to gather and parse huge amounts of data and anyone not taking advantage of AI will be falling behind. According to Forbes 70% of the most profitable companies claim they have a fully defined AI Marketing strategy versus 35% of their under-performing peers.
Ways to Unlock the Power of Data Today
Even if you are not ready to hire an agency, don’t be left behind! Join the data revolution and watch your business soar.
To begin with, concentrate on scoring easy wins.
For example, retargeting customers you already have is more lucrative than gaining new customers, so concentrate on campaigns that translate to easy wins in the beginning.
Here are some actionable tips you can implement yourself:
Start Tracking your Website Analytics
This will give you an idea of who is visiting your site, where they are coming from, and what pages they are looking at.
You can use a tool such as Google Analytics to start tracking your website analytics.
First, create a free account on the Google Analytics website. Then, add the tracking code to your website’s code.
Once the tracking code is installed, you can begin monitoring your website’s traffic, including how many visitors you are receiving, where they are coming from, and how they interact with your website.
You can also track conversions, such as how many visitors are filling out a contact form or making a purchase. By analyzing this data, you can make informed decisions on improving your website’s performance and increasing your ROI for organic traffic acquisition.
Monitor Bounce Rate and Discover Keywords
Bounce rate is the % of people who go to your website from organic search and then leave immediately.
This tells Google that they did not find what they wanted. Of course, this could happen for many reasons, but it’s not a good sign.
Finding out what your bounce rate is and then working to improve it can involve many things.
These include page loading time, removing intrusive interstitials, or simply honing down on answering search query intent in the intro to your blog.
The best tool for this is Google Analytics which is still free.
Keyword Research is integral to every business, and you can easily see and track your data through Google analytics.
You can also use their free keyword research tool called Google Keyword Planner.
You must have a Google Ads Account to use it, but you don’t have to run any ads. Just open up a free Google Ads account to access it.
Segmenting Tools to Create Targeted Ad Campaigns
Many platforms allow you to segment your audience by demographics, interests, and behaviors to reach the right people with your message.
One tip for using data from Google Ads to segment your audience and increase ROI is using the platform’s demographic data to create targeted ad groups.
For example, suppose you notice that a particular age group or gender is more likely to convert on your website. In that case, you can create ad groups explicitly targeting that demographic.
Additionally, you can use the location data from Google Ads to create targeted ad groups for specific regions or cities.
This will allow you to reach the most relevant audience for your product or service and increase the chances of conversions.
A/B Testing to Optimize your Website
This can help you to understand what elements of your site are working well and which ones need to be improved.
To effectively A/B test your website for optimization, you should follow these steps:
- Identify the goal of your A/B test: What are you trying to optimize for? This could be conversion rate, bounce rate, time on site, or any other metric you deem essential for your website’s success.
- Choose the element to test: Decide which element of your website you want to test. This could be the headline, call-to-action button, layout, or any other element that may impact your goal.
- Create the variations: Create at least two variations of the element you are testing. These variations should be different enough to give you a clear understanding of what works best.
- Use a tool to conduct the test: There are many A/B testing tools available, both paid and free, that can help you perform the test and track the results.
- Collect and analyze data: Collect data from your A/B test and analyze it to determine which variation performed better.
- Implement the winning variation: Once you have determined which variation performed better, implement it on your website and continue to monitor the results.
- Repeat: Continuously A/B test different elements of your website to optimize for the best possible results.
SEO Tools for On and Off-Page SEO.
SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Moz are popular tools used by SEO professionals to track search engine rankings and identify opportunities for optimization.
To use these tools, you must first create an account and enter your website’s URL. Once logged in, you can use the “Keyword Analytics” or “Keyword Research” feature to see which keywords your website is currently ranking for and identify any gaps in your keyword strategy.
You can also use the “Backlink Analysis” feature to see which websites are linking to your website and identify low-quality or spammy links that may negatively impact your rankings.
Using the “Site Explorer” feature, you can also see which pages on your website are receiving the most traffic from search engines and identify any pages needing optimization.
Additionally, you can set up a “Position Tracking” feature in these tools to monitor your website’s search engine rankings for specific keywords over time and identify any changes or fluctuations in your rankings.
Using these features and analyzing the data provided by these tools, you can identify areas of your website that need optimization and make changes to improve your search engine rankings. If you would like a free keyword report from Resolver Digital including competitor analysis then send us an email.
Use Marketing Insight Platforms
Marketing Insight Platforms gather information on customers behaviors and can give you insights about what your customers really think of you with social listening and other tools.
Google Trends is free and there are many paid platforms out there that can help you gain intelligence on who your customers are and what motivates them to buy.
Some of the best platforms are Mention, Answer The Public and Tableau.
Finally, feel free to get creative and try new things. The beauty of data-driven marketing is that it allows you to test and iterate quickly to find what works best for your business.
Remember even if you use a data driven marketing agency, it is not just about numbers and statistics. It’s about understanding your customers and creating a personalized experience for them.
By using data to inform your marketing decisions, you can create campaigns that are not only effective but also fun, engaging, and memorable. So go forth, collect your data and let it guide your way to succe